2016-17 Vacancies for Sunday School
The Cypress Sunday School Team is looking to add personnel – teachers and staff – for the 2016-17 academic year. The school meets every Sunday from 10 am to 2 pm with a lunch break. Each position (teaching, staff) requires strong commitment to student learning and team effort. Generally, these are “voluntary” without a compensation, but for some positions (where a specific expertise is necessary like arabic or Quran tajweed), a basic compensation is available.
If interested, please apply online using the form below or email us at email@example.com; once the search process is complete, we will contact all applicants.
Thank you for your interest.
Position 1: Arabic Teacher
- Somebody who first language is Arabic and speaks arabic fluently.
- Aware of Arabic grammar and rules and phonics (makharij)
- Must be able to read the Quran with Tajweed
Position 2: Quran Teacher
- The candidate should be well-versed in Quran recitation with proficiency in tajweed.
- Should be able to recite duas with proper tajweed.
- Should have a sound knowledge of the biography of prophet Mohammed (SAW) and other prophets
Position 3: Communication and public affairs specialist (Management Team)
- Should have excellent English writing skills; be responsible for taking minutes in the meetings, and keeping records
- In charge of help desk and customer service
- Point person for putting together the School Newsletter (short monthly and long for the semester) and other communication from the Principal and the team
Position 4 : Technology Specialist (Management Team)
- Must have good MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Assist in keeping the office technology running, such as printers, projector, etc.
- Assist in maintaining the school’s Student Information System, preparing report card, data entry, etc.