Openings at the Cypress Sunday School for Fall 2014
The Cypress Sunday School Team is looking to add personnel – teachers and staff – for the 2014-15 academic year. The school meets every Sunday from 10:30 am to 2 pm with a lunch break. Each position (teaching, staff) requires candidates who have at least a bachelors degree. A strong commitment to student learning and team effort is important. Generally, these are “voluntary” without a compensation, but for some positions (where a specific expertise is necessary), a basic compensation may be considered.
If interested, please apply online using the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; once the search process is complete, we will contact all applicants.
Thank you for your interest.
Position 1: Quran teacher for Elementary and Middle school
- The candidate should be well-versed in Quran recitation with proficiency in tajweed.
- Should be able to recite duas with proper tajweed.
- Should be familiar with duas in Salah and teach the rules of Salah to students.
Position 2: Islamic studies teacher for Middle and High school
- Should have well versed knowledge of Islam, Islamic history and the lives of the prophets.
Position 3: Quran teacher for high school
- Should be well-versed in Quran recitation with a good knowledge of tajweed rules.
- Should be able to explain the verses of Quran.
- Should have a sound knowledge of the biography of prophet Mohammed (SAW) and other prophets
Position 4: Sunday School Team Member in charge student discipline and Safety
- Ensure students are respectful of teachers and peers, and behave in class.
- Work with the teachers and the School Team on complaints of student disruptive behavior.
- Contact parents in case of student absences, poor behavior or other discipline issues.
- Work with volunteers to ensure Sunday School student’s safety
Position 5: Sunday School Team Member – communication and public affairs
- Should have excellent English writing skills; be responsible for taking minutes in the meetings, and keeping records
- In charge of help desk and customer service
- Point person for putting together the School Newsletter (short monthly and long for the semester) and other communication from the Principal and the team